Thursday, July 26, 2012

VBS 2012 "Adventures on Promise Island"

This week at VBS I was reminded of all of God's promises that he has for each and every one of us. 
Monday- "I am with you"- God promises that he is by our side whenever we need him. We discussed how in Daniel Shadrach, Meshach and Abendego were thrown in the fiery furnace by King Nebuchadnezzar and God was with them. " 23And these three men, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, fell down bound into the midst of the burning fiery furnace.24Then Nebuchadnezzar the king was astonied, and rose up in haste, and spake, and said unto his counsellers, Did not we cast three men bound into the midst of the fire? They answered and said unto the king, True, O king. 25He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God."
Tuesday- "I care about you"- God promises that he cares for each and everyone of us. In John 11:1-3;17-44 Jesus cares for Mary, Martha and Lazzarus
Wednesday- "I give you what you need"- In Mark 2:1-12 Jesus helps a man brought by four friends.
Thursday- " I will save you"- Jesus died for each and everyone of us so that we might live with him forever in the kingdom of Heaven.
Friday- "I will answer you"- God listens to you and answers your prayers


We've learned 3 really good songs this week that I can't get out of my head lol
"His promise is forever" 
 "Standing on the Promises"

"God cares about me"

We had hand motions and dances for each of the songs. You should have seen the younger kids dancing and singing their little hearts out for Jesus it was heart warming! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment