Tuesday, July 24, 2012

God is so good :)

I have to admit that I have pushed God away a little over the past few years. During my parents divorce we didn't go to church anywhere really but I sure relied on him alot. I knew he was there for me when I didn't really know who to trust. When I got real upset I always said to myself "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" and pulled through the heartbreak. Even though it has been 4 years since my parents divorced I still get really upset over things. Their divorce caused me to mature faster than some people my age because I had to be an example for my brother and sister. To be honest I haven't been the best role model for my sister and I should really try to do better. My brother is like my own son it feels like, I know that's weird but he was born when I was twelve and my parents divorced after he turned 1 so i've always been the one there for him. He doesn't constantly have my mom and dad but he's always with me. They are a big reason that I want to be a better Christian example. I started to go back to church when my boyfriend Michael invited me to go to "teens" with him on Wednesday nights. I was very shy at first even though I knew most of the people there I honestly didn't pay attention like I should have. Now that I have been going almost every Wednesday for almost 3 years I've started to grow closer to God. I wish my boyfriend would go to church every Sunday too but he won't. I really want to join the church one day but I'll look dumb asking to join when I don't even come on Sundays. I just, well, miss being close to God. This week we have been having VBS and I have really noticed how close that I used to be to God. God has really tugged at my heart so far this week and I really am set on listening to him and trying to grow closer to him. God is good to me so good and I need to stop and realize that sometimes.

2 comments:

  1. I literally have tears in my eyes. You are an amazing young woman and I'm proud of you! We all forget how good God is and need to realize His blessings on us. And you're always more than welcome to come to my church anytime. (Even though I've been bad and not brought Ethan this week. :()What an awesome desire to have: to want to be close to God! Wow! Good stuff, Hayley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks :) I just know that I need to start living my own life and I just need to take better direction of it no matter what other people say.

    ReplyDelete