Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Mackenzie's 11th Birthday Luau!

My sister Mackenzie turned 11 today, even though she's a pain in the butt still love her & I had a few really neat ideas for her Luau Party.

Mama was in charge of the cake but I was in charge of the cupcakes. I found this idea on Google. Aren't they cute! I used lifesaver gummies and teddy grahams. The kids loved them!


We used drink umbrellas on the cupcakes as well.

 My mom made a sheet cake and then she cut out two flip flop shapes. We used Twizzlers and icing flowers to make the straps.


I DJ'd the party. We played a mix of Beach Boys and Hawaiian Music.

Mackenzie decided she wanted to have finger foods instead of pizza or hamburgers and hot dogs.

Fruit Tray: Cantelope, Watermelon, Pineapple & Strawberries. We used the top of the pineapple to decorate with.

I found this idea on pinterest. You take Nutter Butter Cookies and icing straps on them to make flip flip cookies.

Pigs-In-A-Blanket

Totinos Pizza Rolls

Veggie Tray: Broccoli, Grape Tomatoes, Carrots & Cucumbers with Ranch Dip.
We also had chips and dip.

We made some party punch: kool aid, ginger ale & pineapple juice. And we also had Food Lion brand Mountain Dew and Dr.Pepper

There was way to many kids but Mackenzie had a great birthday and her friends had a blast :)

2 comments:

  1. Awww everything looked great! Hate we missed it. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s a nice idea for a birthday cake. I was celebrating my friend’s birthday at Chicago venues last week and her husband actually surprised her with a “stiletto heels” shaped cake as she is obsessed with shoes. By the way, the cupcakes look amazing, hope they were just as delicious too!

    ReplyDelete